April 9, 2010
I was just about to publish a wrap-up post about the results of the two previous voucher giveaways, and then this new development comes flying in over the transom…
For an EXTREMELY limited time, I can issue Second Shot vouchers for MS exams that also include a 50% discount on the cost of the initial exam. And by limited I mean, this offer ends sometime in the next 24 hours.
UPDATE: Also, this is limited to ONLY the following exams (I missed that key info the first time around. Sorry for the confusion everybody):
- 70–432 TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance
- 70–448 TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance
- 70–450 PRO: Designing, Optimizing and Maintaining a Database Administrative Solution Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- 70–452 PRO: Designing a Business Intelligence Infrastructure Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- 70–562 TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Application Development
- 70–564 Pro: Designing and Developing ASP.NET Applications Using the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- 83–640 TS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring
- 70–693 PRO: Windows Server 2008 R2, Virtualization Administrator
- 70–669 TS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Desktop Virtualization
- 70–680 TS: Windows 7, Configuring
- 70–682 PRO: Upgrading to Windows 7 MCITP Enterprise Desktop Support Technician
- 70–659 TS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Server Virtualization
- 70–652 TS: Windows Server Virtualization, Configuring
This is basically a first-come, first-served kind of deal, so here’s what you need to do to request vouchers.
|| posted by chris under business, community, freebie, it pro, rx || comments (11) ||
April 5, 2010
Wow! The Great Voucher Giveaway turned into a SMASH success! I’ll be posting some more detailed info and a few cool statistics, mainly for the math geeks to drool over.
But first I want to let everyone know who the five lucky winners were! These folks each won one voucher good for a free MS exam anywhere in the world!
In no particular order, the winners are…
- Aben S. from New Zealand
- Steve G. from United Kingdom
- Tim B. from United States
- Jason P. from United States
- Richard G. from United Kingdom
Thanks to everyone who participated!
Also, all outstanding Second Shot voucher requests have been sent. If you didn’t receive yours, check for e-mails from memberservice at mylearningrewards.net. The voucher e-mails might also have gotten picked off by anti-spam measures, so check your filters and/or junk folders.
|| posted by chris under community, freebie, it pro, rx || comments (0) ||
March 26, 2010
I’m giving away Second Shot vouchers to ALL comers, good ANYWHERE in the world that MS exams can be taken. And if you hurry, you might win a FREE MS exam voucher!
What does Second Shot mean? If you fail to pass the exam on the first try, you get to take the same exam again, so long as you registered for the initial exam with an SS voucher.
To request your SS vouchers, just send the following info to email@example.com:
- How many SS vouchers you want
- What country you’re in (SS vouchers are specific to each country)
- Your e-mail address
These Second Shot vouchers are good until June 30, 2010 for any Microsoft exam numbered starting with 070, which means they’re valid for the following types of exams:
- IT Professional
But wait, there’s more!
I’ve also got five (5) vouchers good for a COMPLETELY FREE take of a Microsoft certification exam to give away. That’s a cool $125 you get to keep in your hip pocket if you land one!
|| posted by chris under community, freebie, it pro || comments (9) ||
March 11, 2010
This week kicked off Hell Week, certification-wise, for me.
Currently I’ve got a total of four exams scheduled this week. I’m slated to take:
70–648 TS: Upgrading from Windows Server 2003 MCSA to, Windows Server 2008, Technology Specializations (which I passed this Monday, actually)
70–646 PRO: Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator
70–669 TS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Desktop Virtualization (Beta)
70–624 TS: Deploying and Maintaining Windows Vista Client and 2007 Microsoft Office System Desktops
To be honest, that’s really a total of five exams, since 70–648 is actually a combination of the 70–640 and 70–642 exams.
And ALL this is in addition to the beta for 70–693 I took last month, and the pair of exams (70–579 and 70–659) that I took in a single morning while at MVP Summit 2010.
Since I’m a glutton for punishment, I’m eyeing two REAL mindkillers, 70–643 and 70–647, for next week.
|| posted by chris under beta, business, it pro, mid-market it, mobility, tech hand, virtualization || comments (3) ||
March 5, 2010
Instead of my typically convoluted Funcave windup involving some theoretical physics, Bluetooth and comic book lore a la “The Big Bang Theory,” I’ll just come right out and say what’s up this time:
Essential Business Server = DEAD
That’s officially official as of right now, which should be 8:00 a.m. Pacific Standard time on March 5th, 2010. So what does that really mean?
In the immediate term, it means there will be no v2 of Essential Business Server. Not ever. Which is a damned shame, because v2 was looking completely and totally badass.
|| posted by chris under beta, business, clueless, hardware, it pro, kma, mid-market it, migration, nostalgia, opinion, rant, rx, shoutout, thumbs down, thumbs up, time, travel, virtualization, webcast || comments (2) ||